Can NLP and mindfulness work together in surprisingly compatible ways?
Yes! In this post I will show you how (specifically).
Mindfulness helps you become consciously and keenly aware of the present moment. When you become mindful of your issues (problems, obstacles, emotional turmoil) a mindful attitude brings healing.
Something about conscious awareness brings immediate healing effects. This principle has been taught for thousands of years and has more recently been proven through scientific research.
NLP is the study of the structure of subjective experience. When you know NLP, you begin to understand how your inner life works. NLP has been called the ‘software’ your brain uses. When you understand the simple coding behind the software, you can alter its functionality.
What happens when you combine NLP and mindfulness?
You get a whole new world of mindful healing opportunity. With the laser-like awareness that NLP provides, your conscious attention can find its way into so much more of your inner world so you can extend healing to areas of your psyche that have always been outside of your awareness.
How NLP and Mindfulness Can Work Together
NLP provides an excellent structure for mindful awareness.
1. NLP teaches that we all process information in visual, auditory and kinesthetic (see, hear, feel) modalities. When you’re aware of this, you can hone in on a particular internal image, sound or feeling for keener awareness.
2. NLP language patterns, such as the meta model, provide a deepening opportunity for mindfulness practitioners. For example, when you become mindful of your self-talk, you can use NLP inspired questions to deepen your self-knowledge and insight.
3. NLP Submodalities provide an amazing way to capture the unique details of your inner world. When you apply NLP submodality distinctions to your awareness, you’ll realize details of your experience that you’ve never considered before, which greatly expands your mindfulness potential.
These three points represent tremendous healing opportunity – and more potential to explore mindfulness than you’ve ever had – or could ever have – without NLP training tools at your disposal.
- When to Refer Coaching Clients to Clinical Counseling - 05/26/2022
- How to Become a Life Coach ~ the Ultimate Guide and Coaching Aptitude Quiz - 05/15/2022
- What Does a Mental Health Coach Do? - 05/10/2022